RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
- Prices starting at $180 per student
- Good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Photo ID
- Course duration for training and assessment is 1 day
- Face to face delivery.
- On-site training and assessment
- Training sessions will be carried out on site and in a classroom environment
- 1.Plan and prepare for working in confined space
- 2.Work in confined space
- 3.Exit confined space
- 4.Clean up
Allowances can be made for participants with language, literacy & numeracy issues.
You will complete a short literacy and numeracy assessment on enrolment and if we identify any learning difficulties the Trainer/Assessor will be notified prior to your attendance for the course. Depending on your learning difficulty, the Trainer can spend extra time assisting you and/or do a verbal assessment with you. Or we may discuss options with you and may refer you to other support services as outlined in the Candidate Support, Welfare and Guidance Section on page 11 of the Student Handbook.
- All participants that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment. This unit of competency is nationally recognized.
RPL recognises that people who already have the knowledge and skills required for competency in various elements of units of an accredited training package should not be required to re-learn what they already know. The process of RPL also takes into account that various competencies can be acquired through:
- previous qualification,
- work experience and
- Life experience.
- Video evidence
RPL requires that evidence of competency are demonstrated. Please contact the RTO if you feel you are eligible for this assessment pathway.